CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

Am I taking up space....

Saturday I attended a service for a mentor and friend of mine Johnsie Hudspeth. I wish I had a paper and pen with me to write down what I was thinking and feeling at that time, I do have the tendency to forget things.

I know one day I will be there, and hopfully I will have made a difference in this world, one that will continue giving - I know I make a difference everyday in my family's life but I want to spread beyond that. Johnsie DID NOT take up space.
What are we doing every day of our lives to make a difference? I know it's possible we don't have to save someone, just a hug, smile, being patient and kind. Sometimes we feel that with work and family where do we find the time to help someone.

I am going to make an effort that EVERYONE who crosses my path to be kind (outside and in) and compassionate, to listen and care, to smile and not make them feel rushed or they are infringing on my time.... I will not be perfect but I will try.
I want to make sure my life on the planet isn't wasted, I don't want to TAKE UP SPACE. No one other than myself needs to know what I do to make that difference, I want to teach Willow but doing how to be gentle and kind to the world, to be open and non-judgemental. I hope to have an oppurtunity to help create something big but I guess its all in the eye of the beholder.

I am blessed to work for the Chamber and to be a Real Estate Broker. Both jobs give me the tools and oppurtunities to be better. I do Real Estate, not for the money Ha Ha but because buying a home is a dream and I get to help a family with that dream and I get to watch them grow and make their house a home. I am blessed to be that person that guides them to make the transaction non-nightmarish.

In my job at the Chamber I hope that I am assisting businesses if not anything else letting the know that we do care and offering oppurtunity to build their business (their dream) and help give them tools to continue to be better.

I am blessed - I live paycheck to paycheck, my old house is well a piece of shit most of the time but we are making it better - we are healthy - my only dream ever came true (WILLOW) and I have a good man in my life, have great jobs, a caring family and wonderful true friends. What more can I ask for?

So these are just a little about what goes on in my head. A question to ask...do you really know your friends? i.e. hardly anyone knew Johnsie wrote poems - why did we learn this after her passing? Be open - share your life with others. You are very important, you are Special, you are here and changing lives each and every day.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I don't write as much as I should, I am always working on my self confidence. I don't have much of one and I wonder who cares about my thoughts but I do and I wanted them out and really that is all that matters.

Life is Good no matter where you are. Its a choice to be happy :)

1 comments:

Mama Skates said...

so glad 2 see a blog post from u! just remember, don't write 4 others...it's not about who wants 2 read ur thoughts or not! write 4 urself!

i hear what u're saying tho...life is so busy & full that sometimes we 4get 2 just be...2 take time & really make a difference in the lives of others...of course, we want what's best 4 our kiddos & making a difference with them is the most important thing! but teaching them 2 b there 4 others is an extremely valuable lesson as well!

thx 4 posting this 2day & making me think! ;0)

♥ u!!!
xoxoxox