CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

A Little of This and That

It's been awhile since I wrote a blog as I keep hearing so I will throw this one together.

I really do not know where to begin...
Kitchen & Dining Room: As some of you already know a month and week ago Shane and I decided to get into those rooms and get it done. We didn't think it would be too traumatic but here we are 3 weeks longer than we had hoped. First of all for those of you who don't know we bought a foreclosurer - best deal I have seen yet but every room in the house from ceiling to floor needed to be redone. The kitchen and dining room which was a selling point is huge. My job was to remove the wall paper. Whoever put it on had passion for it, it was perfect at one time. Now it was dirty and peeling off. Well it took me 3 days to remove all the wall paper AAAAHHHH never thought I would be done. While I was doing that Shane removed the brick design vinyl flooring and wood underneath that. I was shocked to see original hardwoods but because both rooms had different size planks and the ran different directions we continued on our path to lay tile. Shane put in new plywood and over 1,000 screws. I hope we never plan on removing that. We spent a weekend prepping the walls and painting them a nice yellow (after adding 1.5 gallons of ant. whte). Well now the tile. Shane felt that no one could help him it had to be just right. So took him over 3 hours to do 2 rows in a lumpy area. 3 weekends later, a few LATE nights (i had to support him and hang with him) and a redo area that took an additional night it is done. So all we need to do now is trim and decor. than I can move things back in. I just got my stove and fridge back in last week and how I missed the stove :)
I will post before and after shots when it's completed.

Real Estate:
SLOW that is all I can say. I am not rolling in the $. I need to spend more time on it but with the renovations and Willow it's been hard but I am getting back into making my calls to fsbo and finding some buyers. This was suppose to pay off our debt in order to be and stay debt free (minus house) and continue to invest. I will be ready when the market picks up. I have spent so many full days on buyers who change their minds which becomes disheartening but it's the name of the game.

Willow:
My favorite subject. She is brilliant, beautiful, sweet, loving, perfect...She makes me blissfully happy and keeps Shane and I laughing. I have kept a journal ever since I found out I was pregnant, well I am on #3 now. I know I forget a lot to put in there once I sit down to do it but I hope when she gets older she will enjoy them. One thing Willow does now is after our nightly routine of brushing teeth and reading 4+ books it's cuddle time. If daddy slips in the first thing she does is throw her foot up and say "Daddy Rub" we laugh but than the other one up and "Mommy Rub". I remind her that she is pretty special because mommy doesn't even get this treatment from daddy. She is always making sure we are "Happy". We say so very happy baby girl are you and of course she says yes too. Willow and I are itching for spring so we can stay outside and play until bedtime, this staying inside is just too boring for us. We color ALOT, read, play on the computer some PBSkids.org, sing (she likes it) and sometimes she will help me w/ laundry. I work hard not to do choirs when she is awake but as I am learning I am getting less of them done. LOL I have 4 loads of laundry ready to be put away AAAHH She is growing up so fast I want to spend all the time I can with her. I had thought that putting her out in the community, socializing her would help her not grow up shy but she is that. Once she gets comfortable with you she will talk your ear off but other than that you will be lucky to hear anything buy Yes.
Her accent cracks us up too. One syllable words are now two or three and I tease her about it but the other day driving home I said to her "Willow look at them there cows" and I almost peed myself laughing so hard. "THEM THERE" what is that all about. So I have once again learned not to tease my baby girl. I know she is not quite two and I want to show her everything and let her experience it all but I am staying realistic both for financial reasons and what she will retain and really enjoy. This summer we will do the zoo and aquarium and I am so siked about that even now. Her birthday is the end of next month and I am surprised she is 2 already. I can hardly remember her being an infant but I have wrapped myself around every part of her and our bond (right now) is great. She is a mommy's girl but is getting closer with daddy.
Now I can go on forever as those who know me know I can but I will stop there.

Shane:
Seems since his fall 2 years ago he has seemed sick and tired a lot. His foot may be broken but forget the dr. "well maybe monday I will go". GGGRRR
The house wears him out and the thought of what we need to do. Really the kit/din is the largest of all rooms and when they are done we will have 1/3 done. Next is Willows room than the lower level bth room. We need to finish the office and trim in the living room. We do love the place. It's a mess right now and driving me nuts LOL. Shane makes stained glass window for a living and has made 3 for our home and will make some for the front door sometime :) He is creative and handy. He is going to school to learn welding and than wants to go for fabrication. He is rebuilding a '74 Triumph motorcycle, and working on making his new '64.5 Mustang better in between it all. Shane has been a wonderful dad and good husband:) LOL! I know when the day comes and he isn't hurting so much he will be a happier man but w/ the 2 motorcycle accidents from years past that my never happen. He has a rib that poke out and will stick me too if I am not careful. I don't know how he has been able to deal with that. Shane loves motorcycle, guns (old ones too), metal detecting, old cars, Willow, me and horror flicks :)
Speaking of guns I told him one day last month that we are w/o a doubt red necks now. We were in the upstairs bathroom hanging out the window shooting a 22 rifle to a target at the back end of the property. I by the way am real good ;)

Hummm I think that should be enough. I could talk more about me and what I do and blah blah but I have things to do.

I hope this satisfies those who wanted me to write.

1 comments:

Mama Skates said...

yay - an update!!! ;0)

can't wait 2 see the before/after pics of the kitchen & dining room...i know it's taken u longer than hoped, but i'm sure it's going 2 feel awesome when it's done!

RE - sorry hun, i know u really try hard, but there's not much u can do 2 change that situation! hang in there!

willow - LOVE the foot rub & accent story! corinn & gabby had the funniest accents when they were that age...u don't realize how country it is where u live till ur kiddos start picking that up!

shane - he really needs to go to the dr & get EVERYTHING checked out - the rib, the foot! he doesn't realize how much better life will b 4 him, u & everyone involved if he's feeling better! having pain in the way of all that u guys have on ur plate can't b fun! tell him i said "GET!!!" ;0)

luv u guys! hope we can make it down for willow's party! just wanna squeeze u guys so bad!!!

xoxoxox,
sharon