CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Good Advise or Not


So most of my friends say I am a rock, stable I am grounded, I give good advice...
Well you see I can see things differently from the outside and you know I have learned a lot with some of my mistakes. However when it comes to my life well I am not the best. If I was a friend talking to me what kind of advise would I give myself. I just am not sure. I always tell my friends that the only person that can make any decision for themselves are them. The reason is...we vent when we are most upset and so we are focusing on the negative, we vent when things are right...but you are the only person that knows EVERYTHING the GOOD and the BAD.
I love listening and being there as I love my friends being there for me. It gives you great balance in your life knowing that you are not alone, you have support no matter what direction you go and maybe that you are not the only one experiencing a certain issue.

The reason I am writing this is because Shane and I have not always agreed on things and we argue a lot about. I know my husband is a good man but he is negative and focuses on that all the time which makes it hard for me. I always show him the good in things, why things are not that bad...why this a good and not the end of the world..........but it goes in one ear and out the other. That is frustrating. I know if I vented (which I have) to my friends and it was me listening I wonder what I would say and when I think about that I reevaluate what I say to others. "STOP LISTENING TO HIM AND JUST TELL HIM TO GET OVER HIMSELF" Nope not good either because he needs to talk. Whether I am taking it to heart (which I do) I ultimately know he is just venting and I know he is appreciating me being there listening. It drains me sometimes that there is more negative perspective through his eyes but as he says "I wish I could see the world through your eyes, I bet it's a nice place" It mostly is :) I wish he could too. I hoped I would rub off on him some but NOPE.
I wish he could see good and enjoy himself a little more but that is who he is and I accept that. I Love him and that is why I want him to always be happy and again he is really a good man and a wonderful father and he deserves to enjoy life.

So back to this...to my friends...I am far from knowing everything...but always know ...
Thank you for coming to me and trusting me.
Thank you for being there for me.
Thank you for being my friend.
I LOVE YOU MAN
oh and I love you too Shane - you are a good man and never forget that.

1 comments:

Mama Skates said...

i can totally relate girl...maybe it's just men? just this morning, curtis was stressing about his car - he got a flat last night & had to leave it...so he was figuring out how to take me to work, use my van, get the tire done, go to the girl's thxgiving program this afternoon, etc...then he starts stressing about something else being wrong with his car...i was like "whoa! do u know that this/that is messed up? then y r u worried about it?!" unless u know there's something to stress about - don't! i told him it was like this health stuff with me - there's absolutely no reason to stress & worry over it until we knows there's something to worry about...think positively & positivity will come to u!

sorry for the ramble - just letting u know "i feel ya!"

xoxox,
sharon